Its the season to splurge! Perfect time to have a baked potato loaded with sour cream, butter and cheese, right? I couldn't agree more! I love these potatoes as a side dish. Sometimes I add bacon crumbles to the top for my husband. He really loves these, too!
LOADED BAKED POTATOES
-4 large russet potatoes
-6 tbs. of butter
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 cup cheddar cheese-shredded
-Salt & pepper
PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 375 DEGREES
- Scrub the potatoes clean. Pierce each one with a fork a few times.
- In a large plate-microwave the potatoes for 5 minutes on each side for a total of 10 minutes.
- Cut a long oval shape into the top of each potato. Be careful it will be very hot
- Let them cool for a few minutes. Once they're cool enough to handle, scoop the inside of the potato out into a large bowl. Try to scoop out as much as you can without piercing holes in the skin.
- Add the butter and sour cream. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly rub some olive oil on the potato skins and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon the potato mixture into the skins. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.