Friday, December 21, 2012

PARMESAN & CREAM CORN

I'm always looking for new ways to get my guy to eat vegetables. No, I'm not talking about my son. I actually don't have kids. I do, however, have a husband who despises all things vegetable. This may not be the most nutritional side dish but at least its a start. Oh and did I mention they are out of this world?? Give them a try and I'm sure you will love them too!
PARMESAN & CREAM CORN
-3 cups of corn
-Olive oil
-1/2 cup chicken stock-room temp
-1/3 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
-Salt & pepper

DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a medium size skillet heat about a tbs. of olive oil over MEDIUM HIGH heat. 
  2. Add the corn (if using frozen corn, make sure its thawed. And brown in the oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Add the chicken stock and the cream.
  4. Cook over MEDIUM heat for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
  5. Turn the heat off. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment