INA GARTEN'S SALMON CAKES
-1/2 LB fresh salmon
-Salt and Pepper
-4 tbs butter
-1 small red onion, diced
-4 celery stalks, diced
-1 small red bell pepper, diced
-1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
-1/4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
-1/4 tbs hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
-1 tbs capers, drained
-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-1 1/2 tsp Old Bay
-1 cup plain bread crumbs
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-2 tsp. Dijon mustard
-2 large eggs, beaten
PRE HEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES:
- Place the salmon down on a baking sheet, skin side down. Brush the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked. Let the salmon cool.
- In a medium frying pan, melt 2 tbs of butter and olive oil. Add the peppers, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion, old bay, celery, parsley salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender-about 15-20 minutes. Let the vegetables cool.
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, mustard and eggs. Add the vegetables and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form into 10-12 cakes. Melt the remaining 2 tbs of oil and butter in a frying pan. Fry the salmon cakes and drain on paper towels.
- Bake them for 15 minutes and serve warm.