SPINACH & CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN
-4 thinly sliced chicken breast
-1/2 of a 10oz. package of frozen spinach
-1 tbs. ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese-shredded
-2 tbs Parmesan cheese
-2 garlic cloves, chopped
-4 tbs milk
-1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
-Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder
-2 tbs four
-1 cup chicken stock
-4 tooth pics
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Thaw and drain the spinach as well as possible. In a medium pan, heat a few tbs of olive oil on low and add the garlic.
- Saute the garlic until fragrant and add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the spinach, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese. Stir well and set aside.
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread some spinach filling along the chicken breast. Roll the chicken up and secure with a tooth pic.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Add the eggs and milk to another shallow bowl and whisk them together.
- Dip the rolled chicken breast in the egg wash then the bread crumbs. Repeat until they are all coated.
- In a medium pan, heat a few tbs of olive oil and fry the chicken breasts until golden on both sides. Add the chicken to a baking dish when done and carefully remove the tooth pics.
- In the same pan, add the flour to the oil and whisk for 2 minutes on low heat. Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a BOIL-make sure to scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to LOW and cook for 5 minutes. Taste the gravy-add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes!
Thanks for viewing! For more recipes & food ideas follow Al Dente Diva on instagram