This recipe is based off Ina Gratin's recipe for Spinach Gratin. I love her! All of her recipes are absolutely amazing. This is a great side dish that goes with anything. I hope you like it, too.
-4 (10 oz) packages frozen spinach-thawed and drained well
-2 cups Milk
-1/2 stick butter
-1/4 cup flour
-1 cup Cream
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1 small onion-chopped
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese-grated
-1 cup Gruyere cheese
-Salt and pepper
PRE HEAT THE OVEN TO 425 DEGREES
- In a large skillet (with at least 1 inch tall sides) saute the onion in butter over MEDIUM heat until translucent (about 5-7minutes)
- Add the flour and nutmeg and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk and cook until it starts to thicken up. (about another 5-7 minutes)
- Add the spinach, Parmesan cheese and half the Gruyere cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer the spinach to a baking dish and top with the remaining Gruyere cheese. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!