Garlic and buttery shrimp over pasta-Yes, please! These shrimp are absolutely fantastic. Great over any kind of pasta or rice! You can also serve it solo as an appetizer!
SHRIMP SCAMPI OVER ANGEL HAIR PASTA
-10-15 shrimp, deveined and cleaned. Tails on or off, whatever you prefer
-4 tbs. butter
-2 tsp. minced garlic
-1/2 cup of white wine
-2 tbs. lemon juice
-2 tsp. dry parsley
-Salt, pepper, garlic powder
-Angel hair pasta-no more than 1/2 pound
(Angel hair pasta cooks very quick! Boil the water before making the shrimp. Drop the pasta into the water once you add the shrimp to the skillet. They will both be ready at the same time.)
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and a generous amount of garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over MEDIUM heat. Once all the butter is melted and starts to bubble add the shrimp. Let the shrimp cook for 2 minutes then add the garlic. Continue cooking the shrimp and garlic for anther 2 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp just start to curl. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the wine and parsley to the skillet and turn the heat up to MEDIUM HIGH. Whisk ingredients together for about 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the white wine sauce and serve the shrimp on top.