Fried meatballs filled with warm mozzarella cheese, MMmmm. The only differences between my "usual" meatballs and these are frying them and adding cheese. May not sound like much of a change but let me tell you, you will taste the difference! My husband calls these the best meatballs he's ever had. I hope you enjoy them as much as he does!
FRIED MEATBALLS STUFFED WITH MOZZARELLA
-1 lb ground beef
-1/2 small onion, minced
-1 tbs minced garlic
-1 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
-1 beaten egg
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-Salt & pepper
-Garlic powder & parsley
-3/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese-do NOT buy pre shredded mozzarella-shred it yourself
FOR THE PASTA
-Pasta of your choice
-2 cups GOOD pasta sauce (click the link below if you need a recipe)
- In a large frying pan heat 1 tbs. olive oil over MEDIUM heat. Add garlic and onion-sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent (about 5-7 minutes). Once they're done, remove them from the pan and set a side to cool.
- In a medium size bowl add-ground beef, bread crumbs, parm cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Also, add the mozzarella cheese, egg, garlic and onion.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined. Roll into about 1 inch size balls.
- Fill the large frying pan used for the onions with 1/4 inch of olive oil.
- Heat the oil on MEDIUM HIGH until it is very hot-almost smoking. Very carefully add the meatballs (fry them in batches and do not over crowd the pan).
- Fry the meatballs over MEDIUM heat on both sides for about 3-4 minutes or until there is a nice golden brown crust.
- Drain them on paper towels. Serve over pasta with tomato sauce!