If you're looking for an easy meal to make your honey, this is it! Surf & turf is best of both worlds and just sounds special. Perfect for Valentines Day coming up. This recipe is so easy and tastes like you spent all day preparing it. Just crack a window searing the steak, it can get smokey!
SURF & TURF
-2 tbs butter (for shrimp)
-1 tbs lemon juice
-1 pack of dry Italian dressing
-1/4-1/2 lb fresh shrimp, deveined tails on
-1 or 2 filet mignon steaks
-1 tbs butter (for filet)
-Salt & Pepper
FOR THE SURF:
PRE HEAT THE OVEN TO 400
- Melt 2 tbs of butter and lemon juice together and add to a baking dish.
- Lay the shrimp on top and sprinkle with the Italian dressing packet.( I usually use a little less than half the packet)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp are completely cooked through.
FOR THE TURF:
KEEP THE OVEN AT 400 DEGREES
- Take the filet out of the fridge 30 minutes before you plan on cooking it. (Getting the steak to room temp. will help it sear and cook through)
- Generously season the filet on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In cast iron skillet, heat a few tbs of olive oil until its very hot.
- Add the steak and sear it for 2-3 minutes on each side. DO NOT TOUCH, POKE, FORK OR MOVE THE STEAK WHILE ITS COOKING!
- When the steak is done, leave it in the cast iron skillet and add about 1 tbs butter on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes-remove the steak from the skillet and let it sit a few minutes.
- Serve the steak along side of the shrimp and enjoy!!