Tell me you don't want to reach right through the screen and grab one of these fries! Oh they are heaven. Steaming them in the microwave before frying is the trick. They are crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside with just enough garlic and Parmesan to make them taste out of this world. Serve them with a side of ketchup or marinara sauce!
GARLIC & PARMESAN FRIES
-3 large potatoes peeled
-2 garlic cloves-minced
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-Salt and pepper
-3 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. parsley
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick strips and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle the potatoes with canola oil and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Steam them in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- In a large pot add about 2-3 inches of oil. Heat over MEDIUM HIGH heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add the potatoes.
- Let the potatoes fry in the oil. Occasionally stir them to make sure they're browning evenly.
- Remove the potatoes once they are golden brown (about 7 minutes). Drain them on a paper towel lined baking sheet and immediately season with salt and a little pepper.
- In the same bowl used to steam the potatoes, add the butter and garlic.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until the butter melts. Return the fries to the bowl and toss them in the butter and garlic.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan and toss again. Serve hot!