I love all things pasta but this is especially good! The half melted cubes of mozzarella mixed with the creamy sauce and meatballs is amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
PASTA WITH RICOTTA & MINI MEATBALLS
-1 lb tube pasta-any kind
-1 lb. ground beef, pork and veal combo
-3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese-cubed
-1/2 cup ricotta cheese
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-2 tbs. fresh parsley-chopped
-1 1/2 cups home made or jarred tomato sauce
-Salt & Pepper
-Garlic & Onion powder
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl add the ground meats, egg and breadcrumbs. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder-about 1 tsp. each. (I usually do fresh garlic and onion in my meatballs but since these are so small I'm using garlic and onion powder)
- Roll the meat into little meatballs. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the pasta as directed. Drain, and return it back to the same pot. Add the ricotta cheese mixture and stir it into the pasta. Then stir in the tomato sauce. (Use more sauce if you like a lot)
- Stir in the cubed mozzarella and meatballs. The mozzarella will start to melt in the pasta but stay relatively cubed. (If its straight from the fridge-try to microwave it for 10-15 seconds before adding it to the pasta to give it a head start :) Serve!