My mother used to make this for my family when we were kids. I loved it then and I still love it now. This recipe is a little different from what she used to make but its got the same basics. Pasta and chicken covered in an amazing cream sauce. I'm sure it will be a hit at our house, too!
-1/2 lb spaghetti
-4 chicken breasts
-1 tsp onion powder
-1 tbs garlic powder
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-6 tbs butter
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-2 tbs flour
-1 cup cream
-2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
-1 tbs lemon juice
- Boil the chicken breast in a lot of water until it is cooked completely through. Remove the chicken and keep the stock!!
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Sprinkle them with the onion powder, garlic powder and a little salt. Set it aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in the chicken stock 2 minutes earlier than the package suggests. Drain and place the spaghetti in a baking dish.
- In a medium size skillet, add 3 tbs butter, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp salt. Heat until the butter is melted. Pour over the spaghetti and toss.
- In the same skillet, turn the heat to LOW and add the rest of the butter, four, paprika, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until it thickens and add the cream.
- Cook on LOW heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken strips and toss.
- Pour over the spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Take the chicken tetrazzini out of the fridge 1 hour before baking in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Serve hot
Basketball game on the T.V. and dinner on the couch. I've got a happy husband at home this evening!