This is a Barefood Contessa recipe I recently found online and tried. If you like chocolate and peanut butter you will love these!! Heres the link incase you want to check it out:
- -12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- -2/3 cup granulated sugar
- -2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- -2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- -2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- -1 cup buttermilk, shaken, at room temperature
- -1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- -2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- -1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- -1 cup good cocoa powder
- -1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- PEANUT BUTTER ICING:
- -1 cup confectioners' sugar
- -1 cup creamy peanut butter
- -5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- -3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- -1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- -1/3 cup heavy cream
PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment-cream the butter and sugars together for about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla
- In a separate bowl-mix together the sour cream, buttermilk and coffee
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix in the wet and dry ingredients alternating between the two.
- Mix until smooth and spoon into cupcake tins
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time make the icing. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a mixer until smooth.
- Let the cupcakes cool after baking and ice them. Sprinkle the tops with salted peanuts if desired :)