This is one big bowl of Italian comfort food. Great for these cold winter nights. I used bacon in this recipe because it is what I had. You could surely use pancettta (Italian bacon) instead. Try it next pasta night!
BOW TIE PASTA WITH CHICKEN AND PINK SAUCE
-2 cups home made or jarred tomato sauce
-1 cup cream
-4 strips of bacon, cut into small cubes
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-4-5 chicken tenderloins
-Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- In a medium size sauce pan, cook the bacon cubes until crispy. Drain the fat.
- Add the tomato sauce cook over MEDIUM heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is warm.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese-stir well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If it starts to boil tun the heat down)
- Turn the heat to a SIMMER while you make the chicken. (give the sauce a stir every once an a while.)
- Cut the tenderloins into about 1/2 inch strips. Season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dust the chicken with flour.
- Heat about 2 tbs olive oil in a medium size frying pan and add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is browned and then drain it on paper towels.
- Stir the chicken into the pink sauce-season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve over bow tie pasta!