Bite sized mushroom caps filled with cheese and breadcrumbs baked til golden brown. Ahh the glorious stuffed mushroom. I love these making these for parties. I can stuff them the night before and bake them right before my guests come. As a matter of fact these for my holiday party tonight! They're always a hit! Give them a try at your next party!STUFFED MUSHROOMS
-1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-2 tbs. chopped parsley
-Stuffing mushrooms, about 30
-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
-Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. butter
- In a large bowl add-Bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
- Clean the mushrooms. Remove the stems-keep half of them and throw the others away. Chop the stems into small pieces and saute in butter. Lightly season them with salt and pepper. Add them to the bowl with the breadcrumbs once the mushroom stems are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and arrange mushrooms on top. Stuff with the breadcrumb filling.
- Drizzle the tops with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes and serve!