-1 lb ground beef
-Half small onion, minced
-2 tbs minced garlic
-1 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
-1 beaten egg
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-Salt & pepper
-Garlic powder & parsley
-2-4 cups tomato sauce (whatever you like)
Preheat oven 350 degrees:
1. Sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil until they are soft. lightly salt and pepper them. Set a side and cool slightly.
2. Add-ground beef, bread crumbs, parm cheese, garlic and parsley to a bowl
3. In a small bowl- crack and beat egg. Add to beef mixture along with salt and pepper, onion and garlic.
4. Mix beef mixture until combined- don't over mix it. Roll into whatever size meatballs you like.
5. Add a big spoonful of sauce to the bottom of an oven safe baking dish. Add raw meatballs to baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes. Serve with some shredded basil or parsley on top
family dinner :)
Thanks for viewing!! Hope you enjoy them.
Also, a few things.... Instead of beef, you can do the veal, pork and beef combo. I just happen to prefer the beef.
Ok, what I have to say might shock you. If you don't have tomato sauce or don't have time to make it. U can use CANNED sauce. Its Ok! No Italian old ladies are going to come out and beat you with wooden spoons, promise! Just make sure you buy a good canned sauce. There is such a thing.