This is kind of a Frankenstein recipe. Ive taken everything I love from various lemon chicken recipes and put them into this dish. The lemon is just enough and the chicken is so juicy. Its not necessarily the most glamorous looking dish ever made but it makes up for that in flavor.
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN
-4 Bone in chicken thighs (skin on)
-1 whole lemon
-2 tbs lemon juice
-2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
-1/3 cup white wine
-1 tbs dry thyme
-1 tbs dry rosemary
preheat the oven to 425 degrees
1. Clean chicken, dry and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over LOW heat and add garlic. Cook garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, white wine, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Add a small pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4.Pour sauce into an oven safe dish. Add chicken-skin side up. Drizzle olive oil on the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Cut half the lemon into thin rounds. Stuff lemon rounds in between chicken and arrange a few on top. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove those lemon rounds covering the skin and broil for about 3-5 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Remove the chicken from the baking dish and serve.
Thanks for viewing! For more recipes & food ideas follow Al Dente Diva on instagram