By far one of the greatest sauces I have ever made. This is a hearty sauce that keeps you warm and full for hours. Great to make on a cold winter day. I suggest serving it with a "tube" like pasta to make sure the sauce really sticks to it.
-1 lb ground beef
-1 medium carrot-chopped small
-1 celery stalk-chopped small
-1 mall onion-chopped small
-1 1/2 tbs chopped garlic
-2 cups good jarred tomato sauce
(you can always use your own or follow this recipe:)
-1/4 cup red wine
-Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
-2 tbs cream (optional)
-lb penne pasta
- In a large sauce pan heat oil over LOW and add garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, onion and celery. Stir into garlic and oil. Add pinch of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Turn heat to MED LOW and cook until veggies are tender. About 7-10 minutes.
- Add ground beef-top with a pinch of salt and pepper. As the beef cooks, break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is cooked through-about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine. When the wine starts to bubble, turn down to LOW. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce (and cream if using). Mix with beef/veggie mixture. Sprinkle with parm cheese. Heat on stove top over LOW heat for 2 minutes. Turn heat down and simmer for 15 min.
- Cook penne as directed. Drain pasta and add it to bolognese sauce. Mix and serve!