This is a recipe that I am very proud of. It took me a long time and many trials to get it just right. I have to say it was well worth the wait! I get requests to make this dish very often. Especially from my brother in law, Christophe. He always gets an invitation to come over when we're having this for dinner. I would suggest serving this with mashed potatoes on the side.CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
-4 Thin Chicken breast
-4 Swiss cheese slices
-4 Ham slices
-1/4 Cup white wine
-Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Rinse the chicken breast with water and pad dry. Sprinkle each side with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Lay 1 slice of Swiss cheese and 1 slice of ham on top of the chicken breast. Rip the swiss and ham slices to fit the shape of the chicken if some is hanging off.
- Roll the chicken like a jelly roll and secure with a tooth pick.
- Dip the rolled chicken in four. Shake off the access flour from the chicken and continue until all the chicken breasts done.
- In a medium size pan heat a few tablespoons of oil over MED HIGH heat.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides. Place chicken breast in an oven safe baking dish. Let them cool a bit and remove the toothpicks.
- In the same pan the chicken was fried in (do not clean the drippings out of the pan before hand) add the butter and turn the heat to MEDIUM HIGH.
- Allow the butter to melt and then add 1 tsp of flour. Whisk well until the lumps are removed (about 1 minute). Add the white wine and continue to whisk for 2 minute. Turn the heat down and simmer for 3 more minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!